BUG #18478: uuid-ossp extension is not installed with PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      18478
Logged by:          Kedar Joshi
Email address:      kdar_joshi@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 17beta1
Operating system:   Windows 10 64 Bit

I was evaluating latest beta of PostgreSQL 17 and I noticed that uuid-ossp
extension is not installed in 'share\extension' directory during
installation. This results in following error while running `CREATE
EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS "uuid-ossp";`.

```
ERROR:  extension "uuid-ossp" is not available
DETAIL:  Could not open extension control file "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/17/share/extension/uuid-ossp.control": No such file or
directory.
HINT:  The extension must first be installed on the system where PostgreSQL
is running.
```

Thank you.

Hi Kedar,

Thanks for reporting. yes, the uuid-ossp module was not built in beta1. we are checking at our end, and fix this before the next release.

--
Sandeep Thakkar

Thanks for reporting. yes, the uuid-ossp module was not built in beta1. we are checking at our end, and fix this before the next release.

The proximate cause for the problem has been fixed in commit 7c655a04a2

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Thanks for reporting. yes, the uuid-ossp module was not built in beta1. we are checking at our end, and fix this before the next release.

The proximate cause for the problem has been fixed in commit 7c655a04a2

Great! Thank you Andrew.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Sandeep Thakkar

Hi Kedar,

This should be fixed in the beta2 release that happened yesterday.

Thanks for reporting. yes, the uuid-ossp module was not built in beta1. we are checking at our end, and fix this before the next release.

The proximate cause for the problem has been fixed in commit 7c655a04a2

Great! Thank you Andrew.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Sandeep Thakkar

--
Sandeep Thakkar

Hi Sandeep,
Verified with PostgreSQL 17 Beta 2 and I can confirm that uuid-ossp extension is now available and working as expected.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Kedar Joshi