pgvector 0.7.0 - New upstream version

From
Bradford Boyle
Date:
Hello All,

pgvector has released 0.7.0 and I have pushed a commit to Salsa [1] to
update the Debian package. I'd like to request a review and upload, as
cycles permit.

Let me know if anything needs changes.

Thanks,

--Bradford

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/pgvector/-/commit/a5966f811b9ebf951028fa17e7abfa2e0581ef28

Re: pgvector 0.7.0 - New upstream version

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Bradford Boyle
> pgvector has released 0.7.0 and I have pushed a commit to Salsa [1] to
> update the Debian package. I'd like to request a review and upload, as
> cycles permit.

Hi Bradford,

uploaded. I had to disable the buster build since they are using
intrinsics now that don't work there yet:

10:02:20 ERROR:  could not load library
"/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/postgresql-15-pgvector/usr/lib/postgresql/15/lib/vector.so":
/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/postgresql-15-pgvector/usr/lib/postgresql/15/lib/vector.so:undefined symbol: _xgetbv

https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/pgvector-binaries/architecture=amd64,distribution=buster/19/console#console-section-4

Christoph

Re: pgvector 0.7.0 - New upstream version

From
Bradford Boyle
Date:
Hi Christoph,

> uploaded. I had to disable the buster build since they are using
> intrinsics now that don't work there yet:

Since buster's LTS EOL is scheduled for June 30th, 2024 is this
something that I should look at fixing?

Regards,

--Bradford

Re: pgvector 0.7.0 - New upstream version

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Bradford Boyle
> Since buster's LTS EOL is scheduled for June 30th, 2024 is this
> something that I should look at fixing?

Well maybe if you really wanted, but since buster has been in LTS for
longer than the pgvector package existed, I don't think there's any
users. (And people really shouldn't be setting up new stuff with
buster.)

Let's just wait these two months and call it a day.

Christoph

Re: pgvector 0.7.0 - New upstream version

From
Christoph Berg
Re: To Bradford Boyle
> Well maybe if you really wanted, but since buster has been in LTS for
> longer than the pgvector package existed, I don't think there's any
> users. (And people really shouldn't be setting up new stuff with
> buster.)

... and the 0.6.2 pgvector package is still in there and will stay
there as long as it's installable.

Christoph