pgAdmin 8

From
Joe Tailleur
Date:
Hi there,

In the new version of PGAdmin (8.0) the tabs, such as "Dashboard, Properties, Statistics, SQL, etc) all have an "x" beside them now; making them super easy to accidentally close.  Is there a way to remove the 'x' for the system type tabs?

I also no longer see the "Lock Layout" option when I click on 'File" in the menu.

I am running on Windows 11 Pro (22H2)

Joe.

Re: pgAdmin 8

From
Dave Caughey
Date:
Please, don't remove the ability to close those system type tabs.   The ability to close them is a small but super improvement.

Agreed, there has to be an obvious way to reopen them, if you want them and accidentally close them, but I've waited years for the ability to be able to close them!

Cheers,
Dave

In the new version of PGAdmin (8.0) the tabs, such as "Dashboard, Properties, Statistics, SQL, etc) all have an "x" beside them now; making them super easy to accidentally close.  Is there a way to remove the 'x' for the system type tabs?

I also no longer see the "Lock Layout" option when I click on 'File" in the menu.

I am running on Windows 11 Pro (22H2)

Joe.

Re: pgAdmin 8

From
Ray O'Donnell
Date:
On 27/11/2023 15:22, Dave Caughey wrote:
> Please, don't remove the ability to close those system type tabs.   The
> ability to close them is a small but super improvement.
+1

There's a "Reset layout" item under the File menu.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

Re: pgAdmin 8

From
Aditya Toshniwal
Date:
Hi Joe,

You can always add back closed menus using the more button on the top right corner. Alternatively, you can reset the layout.
The lock layout option was removed in favour of a more intelligent layout.
image.png

In the new version of PGAdmin (8.0) the tabs, such as "Dashboard, Properties, Statistics, SQL, etc) all have an "x" beside them now; making them super easy to accidentally close.  Is there a way to remove the 'x' for the system type tabs?

I also no longer see the "Lock Layout" option when I click on 'File" in the menu.

I am running on Windows 11 Pro (22H2)

Joe.

Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Sr. Software Architect | enterprisedb.com