Missing ;

From
PG Doc comments form
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-select.html

To be consistent, the "with" example should end in a ";".

WITH t AS (
    SELECT random() as x FROM generate_series(1, 3)
  )
SELECT * FROM t
UNION ALL
SELECT * FROM t;

Possibly the most pathetic contribution ever?
Apologies.

Tim

Re: Missing ;

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 10 Nov 2023, at 22:00, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-select.html
>
> Hi,
>
> To be consistent, the "with" example should end in a ";".
>
> WITH t AS (
>    SELECT random() as x FROM generate_series(1, 3)
>  )
> SELECT * FROM t
> UNION ALL
> SELECT * FROM t;

Thats absolutely right, it should end with a semicolon.

> Possibly the most pathetic contribution ever?
> Apologies.

No need for an apology.  *All* contributions are valuable, big and small.  I'll
go ahead and fix this, thanks for the report!

--
Daniel Gustafsson