On Replica - History issue

From
SOzcn
Date:
Hello I need some advice about the issue in the bellow. Because of datacenter I has to create my replica's from zero. On a cluster I get a error, it's look like about pgbackrest issue, but also this one has no backup for now. Before it has. Is there anything I should do Manuel?

Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: sh: 1: pgbackrest: not found
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.808 +03 [316957] FATAL:  could not restore file "00000003.history" from archive: command not found
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.810 +03 [316956] LOG:  startup process (PID 316957) exited with exit code 1
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.810 +03 [316956] LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.811 +03 [316956] LOG:  database system is shut down
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: pg_ctl: could not start server
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: Examine the log output.
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 systemd[1]: postgresql@13-clustername.service: Can't open PID file /run/postgresql/13-clustername.pid (yet?) after start: Operation not permitted
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 systemd[1]: postgresql@13-clustername.service: Failed with result 'protocol'.
Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 systemd[1]: Failed to start PostgreSQL Cluster 13-clustername.

Re: On Replica - History issue

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
On Fri, 2023-10-27 at 13:36 +0300, SOzcn wrote:
> Hello I need some advice about the issue in the bellow. Because of datacenter I has
> to create my replica's from zero. On a cluster I get a error, it's look like about
> pgbackrest issue, but also this one has no backup for now. Before it has. Is there
> anything I should do Manuel?
>
> Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: sh: 1: pgbackrest: not found
> Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.808 +03 [316957] FATAL:  could not
restorefile "00000003.history" from archive: command not found

I don't think Manuel is at fault.

You should use the absolute path to "pgbackrest" in the "restore_command".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: On Replica - History issue

From
SOzcn
Date:
Hello,

"restore_command" is default .
my archive command is ;
archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=cluster_stanza archive-push %p'

with this way I setup my backup procedure without problem, is there might be another problem I cannot see?

Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>, 27 Eki 2023 Cum, 15:30 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
On Fri, 2023-10-27 at 13:36 +0300, SOzcn wrote:
> Hello I need some advice about the issue in the bellow. Because of datacenter I has
> to create my replica's from zero. On a cluster I get a error, it's look like about
> pgbackrest issue, but also this one has no backup for now. Before it has. Is there
> anything I should do Manuel?
>
> Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: sh: 1: pgbackrest: not found
> Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.808 +03 [316957] FATAL:  could not restore file "00000003.history" from archive: command not found

I don't think Manuel is at fault.

You should use the absolute path to "pgbackrest" in the "restore_command".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: On Replica - History issue

From
SOzcn
Date:
I also checked my prod cluster wal file, there has no that file either. I missing something I don't see.

Date:
On Mon, 2023-10-30 at 13:48 +0300, SOzcn wrote:
> > > Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.808 +03 [316957] FATAL:  could
notrestore file "00000003.history" from archive: command not found
> > > Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: sh: 1: pgbackrest: not found
> >
> > You should use the absolute path to "pgbackrest" in the "restore_command".
>
> "restore_command" is default .
> my archive command is ;
> archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=cluster_stanza archive-push %p'
>
> with this way I setup my backup procedure without problem, is there might be another problem I cannot see?

You get a fatal error restoring a file from the archive, because the restore command is not found.

What is unclear about the error message?  Why don't you try the absolute path?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: On Replica - History issue

From
SOzcn
Date:
I do with absolute path already, that's the problem.

Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>, 30 Eki 2023 Pzt, 15:29 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
On Mon, 2023-10-30 at 13:48 +0300, SOzcn wrote:
> > > Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: 2023-10-27 13:33:26.808 +03 [316957] FATAL:  could not restore file "00000003.history" from archive: command not found
> > > Oct 27 13:33:26 se-prd-db02 postgresql@13-clustername[316944]: sh: 1: pgbackrest: not found
> >
> > You should use the absolute path to "pgbackrest" in the "restore_command".
>
> "restore_command" is default .
> my archive command is ;
> archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=cluster_stanza archive-push %p'
>
> with this way I setup my backup procedure without problem, is there might be another problem I cannot see?

You get a fatal error restoring a file from the archive, because the restore command is not found.

What is unclear about the error message?  Why don't you try the absolute path?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: On Replica - History issue

From
SOzcn
Date:
Can you give me more details please? I've been created more than 20 cluster replica without problem, on a cluster I get this and unfortunately I can't figure it out like as I say on top.