Can one user login in multile machine?

From
Wen Yi
Date:
Hi team,
can I use same user's information login in multile machines when connect to the postgres?
Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Wen Yi.

Re: Can one user login in multile machine?

From
Ron
Date:
On 5/3/23 01:23, Wen Yi wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Hi team,
can I use same user's information login in multile machines when connect to the postgres?

Your question is a bit ambiguous, since:
1. "login in (to) multiple machines" typically refers logging in to the OS, and that has nothing to do with postgresql, and
2. a specific postgresql database can only be on one server.

Having said that... when doing streaming replication, role details (including authentication credentials) will be automatically replicated to the secondary just like every other bit of "the postgres".

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Can one user login in multile machine?

From
Israel Brewster
Date:
can I use same user's information login in multile machines when connect to the postgres?

In short, yes. A given user can log in from any number of machines, I believe even simultaneously (though I haven’t tried that specifically).

---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer
Alaska Volcano Observatory