BUG #17841: COPY Command Invalid QUOTES

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      17841
Logged by:          Stefan Goldener
Email address:      stefan.goldener@theprosperity.company
PostgreSQL version: 11.16
Operating system:   x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

The COPY command doesn't quote properly e.g.:

COPY (SELECT *, CURRENT_DATE as partitiondate FROM {table}) TO STDOUT WITH
(DELIMITER '|', QUOTE '\"', FORCE_QUOTE *, FORMAT CSV, HEADER)

delivers:
faasdfagdf|"1234"||
as output

so the first column is not quoted properly

Re: BUG #17841: COPY Command Invalid QUOTES

Date:
> The COPY command doesn't quote properly e.g.:

> COPY (SELECT *, CURRENT_DATE as partitiondate FROM {table}) TO STDOUT WITH
> (DELIMITER '|', QUOTE '\"', FORCE_QUOTE *, FORMAT CSV, HEADER)

> delivers:
> faasdfagdf|"1234"||
> as output

> so the first column is not quoted properly

Hm, I failed to duplicate that here, and the relevant code looks
pretty straightforward.  Can you give a more concrete example?
Is this server unmodified community Postgres?  (The fact that it's
taking QUOTE '\"' without complaint indicates that you're at least
running with some nondefault settings.)

            regards, tom lane