PostgreSQL optimizations for CoW FS

From
HECTOR INGERTO

Let’s say we have to run a PostgreSQL instance on top of a copy on write filesystem like ZFS or BTRFS. In adittion to set full_page_writes = off, what other optimizations can be done on the PostgreSQL side?

Regards,

Héctor

Re: PostgreSQL optimizations for CoW FS

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 22.02.23 10:41, HECTOR INGERTO wrote:
> Let’s say we have to run a PostgreSQL instance on top of a copy on write
> filesystem like ZFS or BTRFS. In adittion to set full_page_writes = off,
> what other optimizations can be done on the PostgreSQL side?

Look at the settings wal_init_zero and wal_recycle.