Add missing meson arguments in docs

From
Jelte Fennema
Date:
The -Dcassert and -Db_coverage of the meson build didn't show in the
docs that they needed to be passed true or false. All other options
specified the arguments they expected. This patch fixes that.

Attachment

Re: Add missing meson arguments in docs

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 10:40:12AM +0100, Jelte Fennema wrote:
> The -Dcassert and -Db_coverage of the meson build didn't show in the
> docs that they needed to be passed true or false. All other options
> specified the arguments they expected. This patch fixes that.

Indeed, values have to be specified after the equal sign of each
option, so applied what you are suggesting here.

-Db_coverage is part of the core options of meson because it is not
listed in meson_options.txt, no?  Documenting the switch is fine, but
it seems like we lack contents here.  The paragraph describing
-Db_coverage links to regress-coverage, still this only has
instructions for ./configure.  Shouldn't we have some docs to show one
how to achieve the same with meson?  I'd guess that a separate section
for meson would make the most sense, for as long as we support both
methods in parallel.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Meson tells nothing about that, for
one.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: Add missing meson arguments in docs

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 22.02.23 02:57, Michael Paquier wrote:
> -Db_coverage is part of the core options of meson because it is not
> listed in meson_options.txt, no?  Documenting the switch is fine, but
> it seems like we lack contents here.  The paragraph describing
> -Db_coverage links to regress-coverage, still this only has
> instructions for ./configure.  Shouldn't we have some docs to show one
> how to achieve the same with meson?  I'd guess that a separate section
> for meson would make the most sense, for as long as we support both
> methods in parallel.

Yeah, this is just in the long tail of things to work through.

Date:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 09:24:37AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Yeah, this is just in the long tail of things to work through.

I am going through that, and found out what can be done to do coverage
reports.  I will post a patch separately on -hackers.
--
Michael

Attachment