[pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
"renovate[bot]"
  Branch: refs/heads/renovate/com.github.johnrengelman.shadow-5.x
  Home:   https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Kevin Wooten
Date:
These are getting ridiculous.

> On Feb 11, 2023, at 12:31 PM, renovate[bot] <noreply@github.com> wrote:
>
>  Branch: refs/heads/renovate/com.github.johnrengelman.shadow-5.x
>  Home:   https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Vladimir Sitnikov
Date:
Sorry for the noise.
We have not updated dependencies for a while, so there's a bunch of them to update.

I hope the noise would be much less as we update.

Here's the dashboard (~20 dependencies left):
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/issues/2768

Vladimir

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Kevin Wooten
Date:
Am I wrong or is it sending a notification for each branch, commit, and merge?

Date:
> Am I wrong or is it sending a notification for each branch, commit, and merge?

I guess so.
It creates branches right within pgjdbc/pgjdbc repository so save
resources on forking every repository.

I've no idea if we can divert renovate to a different mailing list though.

Vladimir

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Dave Cramer

On Sat, 11 Feb 2023 at 14:52, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I wrong or is it sending a notification for each branch, commit, and merge?

I guess so.
It creates branches right within pgjdbc/pgjdbc repository so save
resources on forking every repository.

I've no idea if we can divert renovate to a different mailing list though.

Vladimir

I'm sort of surprised we have that many dependencies

Is there no way to do them all at once ?

Dave

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Vladimir Sitnikov
Date:
> Is there no way to do them all at once ?

Some of them require manual corrections.
For instance, Checkstyle 10 requires Java 11, so we need to do
something (e.g. run Checkstyle with Java 11+ only)

We can probably combine dependencies if testing locally (e.g. prepare
a PR with all the updates),
however I guess it might be easier to squeeze them one-by-one.

Vladimir

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Kevin Wooten
Date:
I’d argue that merges are all this list needs… if that. Considering the target audience, releases (which already
summarizethe changes) is probably all that is really needed.

> On Feb 11, 2023, at 1:03 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there no way to do them all at once ?
>
> Some of them require manual corrections.
> For instance, Checkstyle 10 requires Java 11, so we need to do
> something (e.g. run Checkstyle with Java 11+ only)
>
> We can probably combine dependencies if testing locally (e.g. prepare
> a PR with all the updates),
> however I guess it might be easier to squeeze them one-by-one.
>
> Vladimir

Re: [pgjdbc/pgjdbc]

From
Vladimir Sitnikov
Date:
Fair.
I guess we could move git activity to pgsql-jdbc-commits list

Vladimir

--
Vladimir