How could I elog the tupleTableSlot to the fronted terminal?

From
"jacktby@gmail.com"
Date:
For example, I use "insert into t values(1)"; and I 'll get a tupleTableSlot,

And Now I want to get the real data , that's 1, and then use elog() func
to print it. Could you give me some codes to realize that? futhermore,
what If the data type is text or other types? What do I need to change?
--------------
jacktby@gmail.com

Re: How could I elog the tupleTableSlot to the fronted terminal?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On 2023-Jan-30, jacktby@gmail.com wrote:

> For example, I use "insert into t values(1)"; and I 'll get a tupleTableSlot,
>
> And Now I want to get the real data , that's 1, and then use elog() func
> to print it. Could you give me some codes to realize that? futhermore,
> what If the data type is text or other types? What do I need to change?

Maybe have a look at the 'debugtup()' function.  It doesn't do exactly
what you want, but it may inspire you to write the code you need.

"All rings of power are equal,
But some rings of power are more equal than others."
                                 (George Orwell's The Lord of the Rings)

Re: Re: How could I elog the tupleTableSlot to the fronted terminal?

From
"jacktby@gmail.com"

>On 2023-Jan-30, jacktby@gmail.com wrote:

>> For example, I use "insert into t values(1)"; and I 'll get a tupleTableSlot,

>> And Now I want to get the real data , that's 1, and then use elog() func

>> to print it. Could you give me some codes to realize that? futhermore,

>> what If the data type is text or other types? What do I need to change?

>Maybe have a look at the 'debugtup()' function.  It doesn't do exactly

>what you want, but it may inspire you to write the code you need.

>--

>Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

>"All rings of power are equal,

>But some rings of power are more equal than others."

>                                 (George Orwell's The Lord of the Rings)

I use the debugtup to print, and I find out there are "printf", it doesn't print anything
to the terminal. I need to know how to use this debugtup func. I think I use it as a mistake
--------------

jacktby@gmail.com

Re: How could I elog the tupleTableSlot to the fronted terminal?

From
Kyotaro Horiguchi
Date:
At Wed, 1 Feb 2023 00:12:44 +0800, "jacktby@gmail.com" <jacktby@gmail.com> wrote in
> I use the debugtup to print, and I find out there are "printf", it doesn't print anything
> to the terminal. I need to know how to use this debugtup func. I think I use it as a mistake

It's not clear to me what the terminal means, but can you find it in
server log instead?

reagrds.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi