Checksum by default in installation script on the website

From
Christophe Courtois
Date:
Hi,

Is it possible to add the command line to activate the checksums in the installation instructions at
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ ?

Many people use the script blindly, so it would be nice if this security was added by default or as a clear option.
The work around through PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS="--data-checksums"  is not very obvious.

(I would love to see the checksums activated by default, but that's another debate.)

Thanks!

--
Christophe Courtois
Consultant Dalibo

Re: Checksum by default in installation script on the website

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Christophe Courtois
> (I would love to see the checksums activated by default, but that's another debate.)

I don't think it's a different debate. The packages should follow the
upstream default here. (That's why they are not enabled in Debian yet.)

Christoph