Facing issue while installing postgresql

From
niharaj g
Date:
Hi Team,

I'm facing an issue while installing postgresql. Can you please help me with this error. Please find the error screenshot and  I was following these steps

1.       Download the PostgreSQL source package:

#wget http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v9.5.0/postgresql-9.5.0.tar.bz2

2.       Extract the source package:  # tar xjf postgresql-9.5.0.tar.bz2

3.       cd postgresql-9.5.0

4.        ./configure

Thanks & Regards,
G Niharaj.

Attachment

Re: Facing issue while installing postgresql

From
John Naylor

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 1:33 AM niharaj g <niharaj.g@gmail.com> wrote:

Note that 9.5.x is long out of support, and 9.5.0 is particularly ancient. See:

> 4.        ./configure

In this case, the command has also specified "host", but it's not clear what you are trying to accomplish. (I don't recommend screenshots, because it makes it impossible to copy-and-paste.)

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com