bug in handling Postgres bytea type?

From
Christopher Bader
Date:
I'm having problems reading bytea fields with psycopg2.

Reading a bytea field with cursor.fetchall yields a memoryview object, not a bytes or bytearray object, and even when the object is explicitly converted to bytes or bytearray, the result is not correct.

Christopher Bader
Staff Data Scientist
Zscaler

Re: bug in handling Postgres bytea type?

From
Daniele Varrazzo

I'm having problems reading bytea fields with psycopg2.

Reading a bytea field with cursor.fetchall yields a memoryview object, not a bytes or bytearray object, and even when the object is explicitly converted to bytes or bytearray, the result is not correct.

Define not correct.