Ubuntu releases

From
Christoph Berg
Date:
Hi,

could someone please make the list of supported dists on the Ubuntu
page the following?

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

* kinetic (22.10, non-LTS)
* jammy (22.04, LTS)
* focal (20.04, LTS)
* bionic (18.04, LTS)

Thanks,
Christoph

Debian releases

From
Christoph Berg
Re: To PostgreSQL WWW
> Hi,
>
> could someone please make the list of supported dists on the Ubuntu
> page the following?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

Oh, and on https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/
stretch needs to be removed, which means the "Buster and newer"
comment on arm64 can be removed.

We could also already add bookworm:

* bookworm (12.x)
* bullseye (11.x)
* buster (10.x)
* sid (unstable)

on the following architectures:

* amd64
* arm64
* i386 (buster and older)
* ppc64el

(I'd lowercase all the names to remove some source of confusion.)

Thanks,
Christoph

Re: Debian releases

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On 10/31/22 8:27 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: To PostgreSQL WWW
>> Hi,
>>
>> could someone please make the list of supported dists on the Ubuntu
>> page the following?
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
>
> Oh, and on https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/
> stretch needs to be removed, which means the "Buster and newer"
> comment on arm64 can be removed.
>
> We could also already add bookworm:
>
> * bookworm (12.x)
> * bullseye (11.x)
> * buster (10.x)
> * sid (unstable)
>
> on the following architectures:
>
> * amd64
> * arm64
> * i386 (buster and older)
> * ppc64el
>
> (I'd lowercase all the names to remove some source of confusion.)

Thanks for pointing this out -- I'll update this later today.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment

Re: Debian releases

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On 10/31/22 8:27 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: To PostgreSQL WWW
>> Hi,
>>
>> could someone please make the list of supported dists on the Ubuntu
>> page the following?
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
>
> Oh, and on https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/
> stretch needs to be removed, which means the "Buster and newer"
> comment on arm64 can be removed.
>
> We could also already add bookworm:
>
> * bookworm (12.x)
> * bullseye (11.x)
> * buster (10.x)
> * sid (unstable)
>
> on the following architectures:
>
> * amd64
> * arm64
> * i386 (buster and older)
> * ppc64el
>
> (I'd lowercase all the names to remove some source of confusion.)

All of the above applied.

For the "supported in distribution" section, is the default still PG12?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment

Re: Debian releases

From
"Euler Taveira"
Date:
For the "supported in distribution" section, is the default still PG12?
It should be v13 because the 'postgresql' metapackage installs 'postgresql-13'
in the stable distro (bullseye). It will be v15 when bookworm is released.

--
Euler Taveira

Re: Debian releases

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Euler Taveira
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2022, at 10:03 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> > For the "supported in distribution" section, is the default still PG12?
> It should be v13 because the 'postgresql' metapackage installs 'postgresql-13'
> in the stable distro (bullseye). It will be v15 when bookworm is released.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/postgresql

Right. If you want to take a note how to check this next time (comment
in the HTML source?), use this URL:

https://packages.debian.org/stable/postgresql

Christoph