First Person being used (only occurs in 2 other places in all of documentation)

From
PG Doc comments form
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/cube.html

I believe the use of First Person (I) is to be avoided in the documentation.
 It is incredibly rare in all of the documentation.
This is a NUANCE issue, but so are white space comments in code!

I will paste in what is written => what is suggested (fix as you wish)

On this page:
F.9.4. Defaults
I believe this union: => This union:

Below that:
... I assume the ... => ... one can assume the ...

F.9.6. Credits
>> Note that changing the credits someone is giving might be pushing it, but
again, it does not exist like this elsewhere!
I am also grateful to all Postgres ... => With gratitude to all Postgres

And I would like to acknowledge my gratitude to Argonne ... => With further
gratitude to Argonne ...

[I will add a separate comment for the other 2 occurrences]

Thanks in advance!

Re: First Person being used (only occurs in 2 other places in all of documentation)

From
Daniel Gustafsson
> I believe the use of First Person (I) is to be avoided in the documentation.
> It is incredibly rare in all of the documentation.

I agree with this (and the other two emails about the same), these instances
would be better reworded to match the rest of the documentation.

Date:
> On 28 Oct 2022, at 11:30, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 28 Oct 2022, at 04:44, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/cube.html
>>
>> I believe the use of First Person (I) is to be avoided in the documentation.
>> It is incredibly rare in all of the documentation.
>
> I agree with this (and the other two emails about the same), these instances
> would be better reworded to match the rest of the documentation.

The attached patch rewords the first person form sentences to match the rest of
the documentation.  The "acknowledgment" sections are left as-is as I believe
they are free to have a more personal form.

I also re-arranged the section on PO file editors a bit to keep the PO file
editor paragraph on editors only and not also contain important translation
information.

Date:
> On 28 Oct 2022, at 12:50, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> The attached patch rewords the first person form sentences to match the rest of
> the documentation.  The "acknowledgment" sections are left as-is as I believe
> they are free to have a more personal form.
>
> I also re-arranged the section on PO file editors a bit to keep the PO file
> editor paragraph on editors only and not also contain important translation
> information.

Hearing no objections I've gone ahead and applied this.