Issues when connecting to a server with ssh tunneling

From
Joan
Date:
Hello, I am trying to use the ssh tunneling feature under pgadmin 6.15, without success.
I have two issues:
- Altough the key is not password protected, pgadmin is asking me for the password each time I open the session (I don't know that to input there)
- If I set a password into the key I get an error saying "Connection to server at "127.0.0.1", port 33515 failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly.."
I tried launching pgadmin from the cli and check for possible error messages but nothing gets printed.
Is there any known issue? How can I enable verbose mode for the pgadmin, I could'nt find any reference to it.

Some guides I followed:

Unresolved questions at stack overflow

Thanks a lot

Re: Issues when connecting to a server with ssh tunneling

From
Fernando Hevia

Hello, I am trying to use the ssh tunneling feature under pgadmin 6.15, without success.
I have two issues:
- Altough the key is not password protected, pgadmin is asking me for the password each time I open the session (I don't know that to input there)

Have you tried just clicking OK while leaving the password field empty? It works for me.

Re: Issues when connecting to a server with ssh tunneling

From
Joan
Date:
Finally found the cause, there was a typo in the hostname that I added on pgadmin, so it could connect to the ssh server but failed on the jump because the remote host didn't exist, it would be nice if this circusmtance was detected but I don't know if it's possible, attached are the logs in auth.log
imatge.png
Thanks for your help anyway

Missatge de Fernando Hevia <fhevia@gmail.com> del dia dv., 28 d’oct. 2022 a les 23:37:

Hello, I am trying to use the ssh tunneling feature under pgadmin 6.15, without success.
I have two issues:
- Altough the key is not password protected, pgadmin is asking me for the password each time I open the session (I don't know that to input there)

Have you tried just clicking OK while leaving the password field empty? It works for me.

Attachment