remove no longer necessary Perl compatibility hack

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hello

While messing about with Cluster.pm I noticed that we don't need the
hack to work around lack of parent.pm in very old Perl versions, because
we no longer support those versions (per commit 4c1532763a00).  Trivial
patch attached.

"El que vive para el futuro es un iluso, y el que vive para el pasado,
un imbécil" (Luis Adler, "Los tripulantes de la noche")

Attachment

Re: remove no longer necessary Perl compatibility hack

From
Richard Guo

While messing about with Cluster.pm I noticed that we don't need the
hack to work around lack of parent.pm in very old Perl versions, because
we no longer support those versions (per commit 4c1532763a00).  Trivial
patch attached.

+1. Since we've got rid of perl of versions before 5.10.1, I see no
reason we do not do this.

Thanks
Richard

Date:
On 2022-Oct-17, Richard Guo wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 4:24 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> wrote:
>
> > While messing about with Cluster.pm I noticed that we don't need the
> > hack to work around lack of parent.pm in very old Perl versions, because
> > we no longer support those versions (per commit 4c1532763a00).  Trivial
> > patch attached.
>
> +1. Since we've got rid of perl of versions before 5.10.1, I see no
> reason we do not do this.

Thanks for looking!  Pushed now.

Al principio era UNIX, y UNIX habló y dijo: "Hello world\n".
No dijo "Hello New Jersey\n", ni "Hello USA\n".