pgsql: Improve some publication-related error messages

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Improve some publication-related error messages

While at it, remove an unused queryString parameter from
CheckPubRelationColumnList() and make other minor stylistic changes.

Backpatch to 15.

Reported by Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Hou zj <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20220926.160426.454497059203258582.horikyota.ntt@gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f5441b912493e14fc2ca904971aeb000ceddca4e

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/commands/publicationcmds.c    | 57 ++++++++++++++++++-------------
src/test/regress/expected/publication.out | 26 +++++++-------

Re: pgsql: Improve some publication-related error messages

Date:
> Improve some publication-related error messages

This is really not the sort of stuff to be pushing during a release
freeze.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On 2022-Sep-27, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Improve some publication-related error messages
>
> This is really not the sort of stuff to be pushing during a release
> freeze.

My mistake.  I thought I had seen the tag -committers message go by, but
I must have been confused with the stamp one.

"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"

Re: pgsql: Improve some publication-related error messages

Date:
> My mistake.  I thought I had seen the tag -committers message go by, but
> I must have been confused with the stamp one.

Nope, the 24-hour window for packager complaints still has 7 or so
hours to run.

BTW, maybe you know something about this --- lately, it seems like
the tag commit's email gets held up in moderation, and thus is
delayed even more.  If you're looking directly at the state of the
repo you won't be fooled, but if you're waiting for the email then
there's a lot of unnecessary delay.  Can we fix that?

            regards, tom lane