Query jumbling for prepare statement

From
bt22kawamotok
Date:
Hi!

I found prepare statement are not jumbled.
Fro example PREPARE 't1'; and PREPARE 't2' are counted separately in
pg_stat_statements.
I think it needs to be fixed.
What do you think?

Regards,

Kotaro Kawamoto

Re: Query jumbling for prepare statement

From
Julien Rouhaud
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 05:14:06PM +0900, bt22kawamotok wrote:

> I found prepare statement are not jumbled.
> Fro example PREPARE 't1'; and PREPARE 't2' are counted separately in
> pg_stat_statements.

Are you talking about PREPARE TRANSACTION?  If yes I already suggested that a
few days ago (1), and Bertrand implemented it in the v5 version of the patch on
that thread.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220908112919.2ytxpkitiw6lt2u6@jrouhaud

Date:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 05:14:06PM +0900, bt22kawamotok wrote:
>>
>> I found prepare statement are not jumbled.
>> Fro example PREPARE 't1'; and PREPARE 't2' are counted separately in
>> pg_stat_statements.
>
> Are you talking about PREPARE TRANSACTION?  If yes I already suggested
> that a
> few days ago (1), and Bertrand implemented it in the v5 version of the
> patch on
> that thread.
>
> [1]
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220908112919.2ytxpkitiw6lt2u6@jrouhaud