Removing dead code in pgcrypto

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
mbuf_tell and mbuf_rewind functions were introduced in commit e94dd6ab91 but
were seemingly never used, so it seems we can consider retiring them in v16.

Re: Removing dead code in pgcrypto

From
Aleksander Alekseev
Date:
Hi Daniel,

> it seems we can consider retiring them in v16.

Looks good to me. A link to the discussion was added to the patch.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Attachment

Date:
> On 30 Aug 2022, at 14:39, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
>> it seems we can consider retiring them in v16.
>
> Looks good to me. A link to the discussion was added to the patch.

Thanks for looking!  On closer inspection, I found another function which was
never used and which doesn't turn up when searching extensions.  The attached
removes pgp_get_cipher_name as well.

Date:
Hi Daniel,

> Thanks for looking!  On closer inspection, I found another function which was
> never used and which doesn't turn up when searching extensions.  The attached
> removes pgp_get_cipher_name as well.

I'm pretty sure this change is fine too, but I added the patch to the
CF application in order to play it safe. Let's see what cfbot will
tell us.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Re: Removing dead code in pgcrypto

From
Aleksander Alekseev
Date:
Hi again,

> I'm pretty sure this change is fine too, but I added the patch to the
> CF application in order to play it safe. Let's see what cfbot will
> tell us.

I see a little race condition happen :) Sorry for this.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev