old_snapshot: add test for coverage

From
Dong Wook Lee
Date:
Hi hackers,
I wrote a test of the old_snapshot extension for coverage.
I hope that this is written correctly.

before:
  0%
after:
  100%
---
regards,
Lee Dong Wook.

Attachment

Re: old_snapshot: add test for coverage

Date:
Dong Wook Lee <sh95119@gmail.com> writes:
> I wrote a test of the old_snapshot extension for coverage.

Hmm, does this really provide any meaningful coverage?  The test
sure looks like it's not doing much.

I spent some time a week or so ago trying to graft testing of
contrib/old_snapshot into src/test/modules/snapshot_too_old.
I didn't come up with anything I liked, but I still think
that that might lead to a more thorough test than a standalone
exercise.

            regards, tom lane

Re: old_snapshot: add test for coverage

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 8 Aug 2022, at 07:37, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dong Wook Lee <sh95119@gmail.com> writes:

>> I wrote a test of the old_snapshot extension for coverage.
>
> Hmm, does this really provide any meaningful coverage?  The test
> sure looks like it's not doing much.

Looking at this I agree, this test doesn't provide enough to be of value and
the LIMIT 0 might even hide bugs under a postive test result.  I think we
should mark this entry RwF.

Date:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 2:37 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Dong Wook Lee <sh95119@gmail.com> writes:
> > I wrote a test of the old_snapshot extension for coverage.
>
> Hmm, does this really provide any meaningful coverage?  The test
> sure looks like it's not doing much.

Previously written tests were simply test codes to increase coverage.
Therefore, we can make a better test.
I'll think about it by this week. If this work exceeds my ability, I
will let you know by reply.
It's okay that the issue should be closed unless I write a meaningful test.

---
Regards,
DongWook Lee.