Debugger for plpgsql

From
Vincent Predoehl
Date:
Is there a Debugger for postgresql?  The only thing I could find was PLDebuggef and I had trouble getting it to
compile.

Sent from my iPad

Re: Debugger for plpgsql

From
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Date:
On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 04:09:41PM -0500, Vincent Predoehl wrote:
> Is there a Debugger for postgresql?  The only thing I could find was
> PLDebuggef and I had trouble getting it to compile.

Quick search showed that there is something called plpgsql_debugger from
OmniDB (https://github.com/OmniDB/plpgsql_debugger), but truth be told,
when I'm writing/debugging stuff, I rely on RAISE LOG/NOTICE.

Best regards,

depesz

Re: Debugger for plpgsql

From
Julien Rouhaud
Date:
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 04:09:41PM -0500, Vincent Predoehl wrote:
> Is there a Debugger for postgresql?  The only thing I could find was
> PLDebuggef and I had trouble getting it to compile.

You meant for plpgsql then?

A bit unrelated, but if you're doing any non trivial code in plpgsql you should
definitely use plpgsql_check (https://github.com/okbob/plpgsql_check).  It's an
incredibly useful extension that will avoid a lot of problems.