CFM for 2022-07

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
Hi all,

If there's not already a manager for the upcoming (July 2022)
commitfest, I'd like to volunteer. (And if there is, I'm happy to
assist and start learning the ropes, if that would be helpful.)

--Jacob

Re: CFM for 2022-07

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 20 Jun 2022, at 19:29, Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:

> If there's not already a manager for the upcoming (July 2022)
> commitfest, I'd like to volunteer.

+1

> (And if there is, I'm happy to assist and start learning the ropes, if that
> would be helpful.)

Turning it on it's head, I'm happy to assist you.

Re: CFM for 2022-07

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 12:38 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> > On 20 Jun 2022, at 19:29, Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
> > (And if there is, I'm happy to assist and start learning the ropes, if that
> > would be helpful.)
>
> Turning it on it's head, I'm happy to assist you.

Thanks Daniel, that'd be great!

--Jacob

Re: CFM for 2022-07

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 12:57:22PM -0500, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 12:38 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> Turning it on it's head, I'm happy to assist you.
>
> Thanks Daniel, that'd be great!

Wow.  Thanks, both of you.
--
Michael

Attachment

CFM Manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed
Date:
If nobody has already volunteered for the next upcoming commitfest.
I'd like to volunteer. I think early to say is better as always.

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: CFM Manager

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 08:17:26AM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> If nobody has already volunteered for the next upcoming commitfest.
> I'd like to volunteer. I think early to say is better as always.

Jacob and Daniel have already volunteered.  Based on the number of
patches at hand (305 in total), getting more help is always welcome, I
guess.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: CFM Manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 8:50 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 08:17:26AM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> If nobody has already volunteered for the next upcoming commitfest.
> I'd like to volunteer. I think early to say is better as always.

Jacob and Daniel have already volunteered.  Based on the number of
patches at hand (305 in total), getting more help is always welcome, I
guess.
--
Michael
I am happy to help, but I am talking about the next one.

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: CFM Manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 4:31 PM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 8:50 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 08:17:26AM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> If nobody has already volunteered for the next upcoming commitfest.
> I'd like to volunteer. I think early to say is better as always.

Jacob and Daniel have already volunteered.  Based on the number of
patches at hand (305 in total), getting more help is always welcome, I
guess.
--
Michael
I am happy to help, but I am talking about the next one.

--
Ibrar Ahmed
Is anybody else volunteer for that, if not I am ready to take that resposibility.

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: CFM Manager

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 3:14 AM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anybody else volunteer for that, if not I am ready to take that resposibility.

Hi Ibrar,

I don't think I've seen anyone else volunteer. I'd wait for a
committer to confirm that you've got the job, though.

All: we're rapidly approaching the next CF, so if someone from the
crowd could chime in, it would probably help Ibrar prepare.

Thanks,
--Jacob

Re: CFM Manager

Date:
Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 3:14 AM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is anybody else volunteer for that, if not I am ready to take that resposibility.

> Hi Ibrar,

> I don't think I've seen anyone else volunteer. I'd wait for a
> committer to confirm that you've got the job, though.

You attribute more organization to this than actually exists ;-)

If Ibrar wants the job I think it's his.

            regards, tom lane

Re: CFM Manager

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 9:40 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> You attribute more organization to this than actually exists ;-)

Ha, fair enough!

> If Ibrar wants the job I think it's his.

Excellent. Ibrar, I'll be updating the CFM checklist [1] over the next
couple of weeks. I'll try to have sections of it touched up by the
time you're due to use them. Let me know if there's anything in
particular that is confusing or needs more explanation.

Thanks,
--Jacob

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist

Re: CFM Manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 9:47 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 9:40 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> You attribute more organization to this than actually exists ;-)

Ha, fair enough!

> If Ibrar wants the job I think it's his.

Excellent. Ibrar, I'll be updating the CFM checklist [1] over the next
couple of weeks. I'll try to have sections of it touched up by the
time you're due to use them. Let me know if there's anything in
particular that is confusing or needs more explanation.

Thanks,
--Jacob

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist

Thanks, I will start working.

--

Ibrar Ahmed.
Senior Software Engineer, PostgreSQL Consultant.

Re: CFM Manager

From
Hamid Akhtar

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 at 1:26 AM, Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmed@percona.com> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 9:47 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 9:40 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> You attribute more organization to this than actually exists ;-)

Ha, fair enough!

> If Ibrar wants the job I think it's his.

Excellent. Ibrar, I'll be updating the CFM checklist [1] over the next
couple of weeks. I'll try to have sections of it touched up by the
time you're due to use them. Let me know if there's anything in
particular that is confusing or needs more explanation.

Thanks,
--Jacob

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist

Thanks, I will start working.

I’d like to assist.

--

Ibrar Ahmed.
Senior Software Engineer, PostgreSQL Consultant.

Re: CFM Manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

> You attribute more organization to this than actually exists ;-)

Ha, fair enough!

> If Ibrar wants the job I think it's his.

Excellent. Ibrar, I'll be updating the CFM checklist [1] over the next
couple of weeks. I'll try to have sections of it touched up by the
time you're due to use them. Let me know if there's anything in
particular that is confusing or needs more explanation.

Thanks,
--Jacob

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist

Thanks, I will start working.

I’d like to assist.

Thanks, Hamid

This will help to complete the tasks. I start looking at that; I will let you know how we both
manage to share the load

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: CFM Manager

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 1:50 PM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmed@percona.com> wrote:
> This will help to complete the tasks. I start looking at that; I will let you know how we both
> manage to share the load

I have updated the CFM checklist through the "2 days before CF"
section. Let me know if you have questions/suggestions.

Thanks,
--Jacob

Re: CFM Manager

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 9:27 AM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
> I have updated the CFM checklist through the "2 days before CF"
> section. Let me know if you have questions/suggestions.

I've additionally removed references to "shame emails" for
non-reviewers; I don't think CFMs are doing that anymore and I don't
think it'd be particularly productive anyway. I've also partially
rewritten the "every 5 to 7 days" suggestions.

I still have yet to update the section "5 to 7 days before end of CF"
and onward.

--Jacob

Re: CFM Manager

From
Jacob Champion
Date:
On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 2:34 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
> I still have yet to update the section "5 to 7 days before end of CF"
> and onward.

Well, I've saved the hardest part for last...

Ibrar, Hamid, have the checklist rewrites been helpful so far? Are you
planning on doing an (optional!) triage, and if so, are there any
pieces in particular you'd like me to document?

--Jacob

Re: CFM Manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 10:45 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 2:34 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> wrote:
> I still have yet to update the section "5 to 7 days before end of CF"
> and onward.

Well, I've saved the hardest part for last...

Ibrar, Hamid, have the checklist rewrites been helpful so far? Are you
planning on doing an (optional!) triage, and if so, are there any
pieces in particular you'd like me to document?

--Jacob

I think we are good now, thanks Jacob, for the effort.

--
Ibrar Ahmed