How long does iteration over 4-5 million rows usually take?

From
Shaozhong SHI

I have a script running to iterate over 4-5 million rows.  It keeps showing up in red in PgAdmin.  It remains active.

How long does iteration over 4-5 million rows usually take?

Regards,

David

Re: How long does iteration over 4-5 million rows usually take?

From
Steve Midgley

I have a script running to iterate over 4-5 million rows.  It keeps showing up in red in PgAdmin.  It remains active.

How long does iteration over 4-5 million rows usually take?

Please share the SQL query, schema, and sample data. If you are using a third party script with a db connector, then the answer is much harder to answer.