Re: PSQL bug?

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hi

čt 17. 3. 2022 v 11:35 odesílatel Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> napsal:
Made a typo, using } instead of ) to test a weird table name, and got
disconnected. Normal? --DD

ddevienne=> create table "t |" ( id int};
ddevienne(> );
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
ddevienne=> create table "t |" ( id int);
ddevienne=> drop table "t |";
ddevienne=> \! psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 12.1
ddevienne=> select version();
                                                 version
 PostgreSQL 12.5 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5
20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39), 64-bit
(1 row)

I don't see any problem on master

PSQL bug?

From
Dominique Devienne
Date:

Date:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Made a typo, [...], and got disconnected. Normal? --DD
> I don't see any problem on master

OK, good. Must have been fixed already then. Or was a fluke. Thanks
for checking. --DD

Re: PSQL bug?

From
Josef Šimánek
Date:
čt 17. 3. 2022 v 12:06 odesílatel Dominique Devienne
<ddevienne@gmail.com> napsal:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Made a typo, [...], and got disconnected. Normal? --DD
> > I don't see any problem on master
>
> OK, good. Must have been fixed already then. Or was a fluke. Thanks
> for checking. --DD

I tried to reproduce with 14.2 client and latest 14, 13, 12 and 11
servers without luck.

Re: PSQL bug?

From
Kyotaro Horiguchi
Date:
At Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:38:30 +0100, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote in
> Made a typo, using } instead of ) to test a weird table name, and got
> disconnected. Normal? --DD
>
> ddevienne=> create table "t |" ( id int};
> ddevienne(> );
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

The last line "Attempting reset: Succeeded." means that the connection
is once disconnected before the second input line then reconnected by
the input.

Specifically I can reproduce the same result by the following steps.

> ddevienne=> create table "t |" ( id int};
$ pg_ctl restart
> ddevienne(> );
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center