the build farm is ok, but not the hippopotamus (or the jay)

From
Robert Haas
Date:
Hi,

I was looking over the buildfarm results yesterday and this morning,
and things seem to be mostly green, but not entirely. 'hippopotamus'
was failing yesterday with strange LDAP-related errors, and is now
complaining about pgsql-Git-Dirty, which I assume means that someone
is doing something funny on that machine manually. 'jay' has the same
maintainer and is also showing some failures.

The last failure on jay looks like this:

test pgp-armor                    ... ok          126 ms
test pgp-decrypt                  ... ok          192 ms
test pgp-encrypt                  ... ok          611 ms
test pgp-compression              ... FAILED (test process exited with
exit code 127)        2 ms
test pgp-pubkey-decrypt           ... FAILED (test process exited with
exit code 127)        2 ms
test pgp-pubkey-encrypt           ... FAILED        9 ms
test pgp-info                     ... FAILED        8 ms

Is there some maintenance happening on these machines that means we
should discount these failures, or is something broken?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: the build farm is ok, but not the hippopotamus (or the jay)

From
Tomas Vondra
Date:
On 2/11/22 16:16, Robert Haas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking over the buildfarm results yesterday and this morning,
> and things seem to be mostly green, but not entirely. 'hippopotamus'
> was failing yesterday with strange LDAP-related errors, and is now
> complaining about pgsql-Git-Dirty, which I assume means that someone
> is doing something funny on that machine manually. 'jay' has the same
> maintainer and is also showing some failures.

Yes, those are "my" machines. I've been upgrading the OS on them, and
this is likely a fallout from that. Sorry about the noise.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company