pgsql: Include permissive/enforcing state in sepgsql log messages.

Date:
Include permissive/enforcing state in sepgsql log messages.

SELinux itself does this (at least in modern releases), and it
seems like a good idea to reduce confusion.

Dave Page

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CA+OCxowsQoLEYc=jN7OtNvOdX0Jg5L7nMYt++=k0X78HGq-sXg@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/134d9746364425e437a6d8eb1e2de0f3c59bfd2b

Modified Files
--------------
contrib/sepgsql/expected/alter.out | 256 ++++++------
contrib/sepgsql/expected/ddl.out   | 810 ++++++++++++++++++-------------------
contrib/sepgsql/expected/label.out |  26 +-
contrib/sepgsql/expected/misc.out  | 178 ++++----
contrib/sepgsql/selinux.c          |  15 +-
contrib/sepgsql/sepgsql.h          |   1 +
contrib/sepgsql/uavc.c             |   1 +

Re: pgsql: Include permissive/enforcing state in sepgsql log messages.

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 19:23, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Include permissive/enforcing state in sepgsql log messages.
>
> SELinux itself does this (at least in modern releases), and it
> seems like a good idea to reduce confusion.
>
> Dave Page
>
> Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CA+OCxowsQoLEYc=jN7OtNvOdX0Jg5L7nMYt++=k0X78HGq-sXg@mail.gmail.com
>
> Branch
> ------
> master
>
> Details
> -------
> https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/134d9746364425e437a6d8eb1e2de0f3c59bfd2b

Is that a bug fix to be backpatched, or a new/changed feature to be documented?

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

Re: pgsql: Include permissive/enforcing state in sepgsql log messages.

Date:
Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Is that a bug fix to be backpatched, or a new/changed feature to be documented?

It'd be the latter, if sepgsql had any documentation about the
content of its log messages.  But AFAICS it doesn't (and I'm not
volunteering to add that).

            regards, tom lane