Recommended storage hardware

From
Levente Birta
Date:
Hi all

What storage is recommended nowdays?

Currently I'm using two of SSD DC P3700 Series add in card
(SSDPEDMD400G4) in soft raid 1, but it's pretty old and I have to
replace the whole server.

Before, I used Intel too and I'm very satisfied, but now that intel sold
the ssd business looks like I have to choose something else.

Or how about the optane? Is worth it?

Thanks
Levi

Sv: Recommended storage hardware

From
Andreas Joseph Krogh
Date:
Currently I'm using two of SSD DC P3700 Series add in card
(SSDPEDMD400G4) in soft raid 1, but it's pretty old and I have to
replace the whole server.

Before, I used Intel too and I'm very satisfied, but now that intel sold
the ssd business looks like I have to choose something else.

Or how about the optane? Is worth it?

We use Micron 9300:
https://www.micron.com/products/ssd/product-lines/9300

...with software RAID10 on Linux and XFS.

Works very well!

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS