Postgres dblink example

From
Pratik Mehta
Date:
Hi Postgres Community,

I am an Oracle DBA with 12 years experience. The example in Postgres dblink_connect page seems incomplete. We find it difficult to understand. How can I get access to more examples ?

Also, in dblink page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/contrib-dblink-function.html, can we get example on how to create connname and connstr?

Pratik Mehta
+91 9664022206

Re: Postgres dblink example

Date:
Pratik Mehta <pratikmehta28@gmail.com> writes:
> I am an Oracle DBA with 12 years experience. The example in Postgres
> dblink_connect page seems incomplete. We find it difficult to understand.
> How can I get access to more examples ?

If you're really confused, you could look at the module's regression
tests:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=contrib/dblink/sql/dblink.sql;h=7a71817d65b97fc549b4b54f531e6692f8273d58;hb=HEAD

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=contrib/dblink/expected/dblink.out;h=91cbd744a996020c44a3e98fa1c7fd224008ef98;hb=HEAD

            regards, tom lane

Re: Postgres dblink example

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 10/29/21 07:02, Pratik Mehta wrote:
> Hi Postgres Community,
>
> I am an Oracle DBA with 12 years experience. The example in Postgres
> dblink_connect page seems incomplete. We find it difficult to
> understand. How can I get access to more examples ?
>
> Also, in dblink page
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/contrib-dblink-function.html
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/contrib-dblink-function.html>, can
> we get example on how to create connname and connstr?

See:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/contrib-dblink-connect.html

--
Adrian Klaver