DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
Shaozhong SHI
Date:
I used a DBeaver to connect to postgres but it does not show all tables in a schema.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Regards,

David

Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
Ron
Date:
On 10/29/21 5:46 AM, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> I used a DBeaver to connect to postgres but it does not show all tables in
> a schema.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?

Permissions?

Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
negora
Date:
Are you sure that you're not applying a filter in the "Database
Navigator" panel of DBeaver?

Sometimes, it occurs to me that I apply a filter for certain database, I
forget to remove it, then open another database, and some or all tables
do not appear in the navigator.

On 29/10/2021 12:46, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> I used a DBeaver to connect to postgres but it does not show all
> tables in a schema.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
Shaozhong SHI
Date:
It is a new installation with all permissions.  Nothing has done to it.

Regards,

David

Are you sure that you're not applying a filter in the "Database
Navigator" panel of DBeaver?

Sometimes, it occurs to me that I apply a filter for certain database, I
forget to remove it, then open another database, and some or all tables
do not appear in the navigator.

On 29/10/2021 12:46, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> I used a DBeaver to connect to postgres but it does not show all
> tables in a schema.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
Ryan Booz
Date:
In a recent update (not sure when), the default for DBeaver seems to have changed so that the navigator view is set to "simple", rather than "advanced" which shows all objects.

Right-click the server -> edit connection -> Select "General" -> verify "Navigator View"

It is a new installation with all permissions.  Nothing has done to it.

Regards,

David

Are you sure that you're not applying a filter in the "Database
Navigator" panel of DBeaver?

Sometimes, it occurs to me that I apply a filter for certain database, I
forget to remove it, then open another database, and some or all tables
do not appear in the navigator.

On 29/10/2021 12:46, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> I used a DBeaver to connect to postgres but it does not show all
> tables in a schema.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
Shaozhong SHI

In a recent update (not sure when), the default for DBeaver seems to have changed so that the navigator view is set to "simple", rather than "advanced" which shows all objects.

Right-click the server -> edit connection -> Select "General" -> verify "Navigator View"

I am afraid that this did not make a difference.

Regards,

David

Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 10/29/21 03:46, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> I used a DBeaver to connect to postgres but it does not show all tables
> in a schema.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?

Not without:

1) Postgres version

2) DBeaver version

3) JDBC version

4) Example of what you expect to see vs what you are seeing
In other words how do you know you are not seeing all tables?

5) Verification that you are connecting to correct database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com