Model clause and

From
SQL Padawan

Good evening everybody.

Are there any plans to emulate Oracle MODEL clause in PostgreSQL?

If not, why not? It doesn't appear to have gained much traction even in the Oracle world?

Also, are there any plans to introduce the MATCH_RECOGNIZE functionality?

I read an interview with Dimitri and he said he'd really like to see this in Postgres?

I presume that VIRTUAL GENERATED columns are on the to-do list?

Just curious.

SQLP

Re: Model clause and

From
SQL Padawan

That's Dimitri Fontaine - I  don't know him personally and didn't mean to be impolite by referring to him by his first name - typo really!

SQLP

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Are there any plans to emulate Oracle MODEL clause in PostgreSQL?

If not, why not? It doesn't appear to have gained much traction even in the Oracle world?

Also, are there any plans to introduce the MATCH_RECOGNIZE functionality?

I read an interview with Dimitri and he said he'd really like to see this in Postgres?

I presume that VIRTUAL GENERATED columns are on the to-do list?

Just curious.

SQLP

Re: Model clause and

From