reindexdb usage message about system catalogs

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Reindexdb help has this for selection of what to reindex:

  -s, --system                 reindex system catalogs
  -S, --schema=SCHEMA          reindex specific schema(s) only
  -t, --table=TABLE            reindex specific table(s) only

Is there a reason the "only" is missing from the -s option? AFAIK that's what it means, so the attached patch should be correct?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: reindexdb usage message about system catalogs

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 04:15:22PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Is there a reason the "only" is missing from the -s option? AFAIK that's
> what it means, so the attached patch should be correct?

I cannot think of a reason.  This seems historically inherited from
pg_dump, and the option got added when the tool was moved from
contrib/ to src/bin/ as of 85e9a5a.
--
Michael

Date:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 5:10 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 04:15:22PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Is there a reason the "only" is missing from the -s option? AFAIK that's
> what it means, so the attached patch should be correct?

I cannot think of a reason.  This seems historically inherited from
pg_dump, and the option got added when the tool was moved from
contrib/ to src/bin/ as of 85e9a5a.

Thanks for the double check! Seems I forgot about this one, but I've backpatched and pushed it now.