Error in sql script

From
PG Doc comments form
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/textsearch-configuration.html

In /13/textsearch-configuration.html, the last script block starts with some
incorrect characters and we do not see the sql command to list the Text
Search Configurations.

Re: Error in sql script

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/textsearch-configuration.html

In /13/textsearch-configuration.html, the last script block starts with some
incorrect characters and we do not see the sql command to list the Text
Search Configurations.

The last script relies upon the psql program and its exploratory meta-commands.

David J.

Re: Error in sql script

From
Mathieu Decelles St-Pierre
Date:
So there is no SQL command that we can use to list the Text Search Configurations on a system?

In /13/textsearch-configuration.html, the last script block starts with some
incorrect characters and we do not see the sql command to list the Text
Search Configurations.

The last script relies upon the psql program and its exploratory meta-commands.

David J.

Re: Error in sql script

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
So there is no SQL command that we can use to list the Text Search Configurations on a system?

There is…its not like psql has some special privilege to get that info from the server…

You can either get psql to show you the query it uses or lookup the available catalogs in the documentation and find the one that provides what you need.

David J.

Re: Error in sql script

Date:
On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 06:14:32PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, Mathieu Decelles St-Pierre <
> mathieu.decelles.stpierre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     So there is no SQL command that we can use to list the Text Search
>     Configurations on a system?
>

> There is…its not like psql has some special privilege to get that info from the
> server…
>
> You can either get psql to show you the query it uses or lookup the available
> catalogs in the documentation and find the one that provides what you need.

If you run psql with -E, you will see the SQL queries used for the
backslash commands, and those queries can be run anywhere.