postgresql.conf.sample missing units

From
Pavel Luzanov
Date:
Hello,

I found that the start section of the postgresql.conf file is missing a
description of two units: bytes (appeared in version 11) and
microseconds (in version 12).

The attached patch makes these changes to the postgresql.conf.sample file.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com

Attachment

Re: postgresql.conf.sample missing units

From
John Naylor
Date:
On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 5:44 AM Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found that the start section of the postgresql.conf file is missing a
> description of two units: bytes (appeared in version 11) and
> microseconds (in version 12).
>
> The attached patch makes these changes to the postgresql.conf.sample file.

Seems like an oversight. I'll commit this soon barring objections.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:31 AM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 5:44 AM Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found that the start section of the postgresql.conf file is missing a
> > description of two units: bytes (appeared in version 11) and
> > microseconds (in version 12).
> >
> > The attached patch makes these changes to the postgresql.conf.sample file.
>
> Seems like an oversight. I'll commit this soon barring objections.

I pushed this and backpatched to v12. I also extracted just the "bytes" part and applied it to v11.

--

Date:
On 21.07.2021 17:33, John Naylor wrote:
> I pushed this and backpatched to v12. I also extracted just the
> "bytes" part and applied it to v11.
It's a little more complicated, but it's the right decision.
Thank you.