psql tab auto-complete for CREATE PUBLICATION

From
Peter Smith
Date:
I found that the psql tab auto-complete was not working for some cases
of CREATE PUBLICATION [1].

CREATE PUBLICATION name
    [ FOR TABLE [ ONLY ] table_name [ * ] [, ...]
      | FOR ALL TABLES ]
    [ WITH ( publication_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) ]

~~~

For example, the following scenarios did not work as I was expecting:

"create publication mypub for all tables " TAB --> expected complete
with "WITH ("

"create publication mypub for all ta" TAB --> expected complete with "TABLES"

"create publication mypub for all tables w" TAB --> expected complete
with "WITH ("

"create publication mypub for table mytable " TAB --> expected
complete with "WITH ("

~~~

PSA a small patch which seems to improve at least for those
aforementioned cases.

Now results are:

"create publication mypub for all tables " TAB --> "create publication
mypub for all tables WITH ( "

"create publication mypub for all ta" TAB --> "create publication
mypub for all tables "

"create publication mypub for all tables w" TAB --> "create
publication mypub for all tables with ( "

"create publication mypub for table mytable " TAB --> "create
publication mypub for table mytable WITH ( "

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-createpublication.html

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment

Re: psql tab auto-complete for CREATE PUBLICATION

From
vignesh C
Date:
On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 1:06 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found that the psql tab auto-complete was not working for some cases
> of CREATE PUBLICATION [1].
>
> CREATE PUBLICATION name
>     [ FOR TABLE [ ONLY ] table_name [ * ] [, ...]
>       | FOR ALL TABLES ]
>     [ WITH ( publication_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) ]
>
> ~~~
>
> For example, the following scenarios did not work as I was expecting:
>
> "create publication mypub for all tables " TAB --> expected complete
> with "WITH ("
>
> "create publication mypub for all ta" TAB --> expected complete with "TABLES"
>
> "create publication mypub for all tables w" TAB --> expected complete
> with "WITH ("
>
> "create publication mypub for table mytable " TAB --> expected
> complete with "WITH ("
>
> ~~~
>
> PSA a small patch which seems to improve at least for those
> aforementioned cases.
>
> Now results are:
>
> "create publication mypub for all tables " TAB --> "create publication
> mypub for all tables WITH ( "
>
> "create publication mypub for all ta" TAB --> "create publication
> mypub for all tables "
>
> "create publication mypub for all tables w" TAB --> "create
> publication mypub for all tables with ( "
>
> "create publication mypub for table mytable " TAB --> "create
> publication mypub for table mytable WITH ( "

Thanks for the patch, the changes look good to me.

Regards,
Vignesh

Re: psql tab auto-complete for CREATE PUBLICATION

From
Fujii Masao

On 2021/07/17 2:19, vignesh C wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, the changes look good to me.

The patch looks good to me, too. Pushed. Thanks!

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Date:
On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 11:04 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2021/07/17 2:19, vignesh C wrote:
> > Thanks for the patch, the changes look good to me.
>
> The patch looks good to me, too. Pushed. Thanks!

Thanks for pushing!

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.