Commit fest manager

From
vignesh C
Date:
Hi all,

The next commit fest is going to begin soon.
I would like to volunteer as commit fest manager for 2021-07 if the
role is not filled and there are no objections.

Regards,
Vignesh

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 30 Jun 2021, at 15:31, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> The next commit fest is going to begin soon.
> I would like to volunteer as commit fest manager for 2021-07 if the
> role is not filled and there are no objections.

Ibrar Ahmed has already volunteered since a while back, so let's see if he is
still keen to take it on:

https://postgr.es/m/CALtqXTcGbFEUwg-8MgmsAojP8Te61_QaeDJbneXjBybeeyZkRg@mail.gmail.com

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed
Date:
Hi,
Yes, I want to do that for sure.

--
Daniel Gustafsson               https://vmware.com/

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Commit fest manager

Date:
On Thu, Jul  1, 2021 at 12:26:55AM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
> Yes, I want to do that for sure.

Should we reserve the next commit fest for vignesh C?

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 6:33 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>     > On 30 Jun 2021, at 15:31, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     > The next commit fest is going to begin soon.
>     > I would like to volunteer as commit fest manager for 2021-07 if the
>     > role is not filled and there are no objections.
>
>     Ibrar Ahmed has already volunteered since a while back, so let's see if he
>     is
>     still keen to take it on:
>
>     https://postgr.es/m/
>     CALtqXTcGbFEUwg-8MgmsAojP8Te61_QaeDJbneXjBybeeyZkRg@mail.gmail.com
>
>     --
>     Daniel Gustafsson               https://vmware.com/
>

> --
> Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 09:29:01PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Should we reserve the next commit fest for vignesh C?

If Vignesh is willing to help here, I'd say yes to that.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 12:26:55AM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> Yes, I want to do that for sure.

Thanks.  Please note that I have switched the CF as "In Progress" in
the app, and added a couple of future CFs while on it to cover the
development cycle for 15.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: Commit fest manager

From
vignesh C
Date:
On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 7:08 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 09:29:01PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Should we reserve the next commit fest for vignesh C?
>
> If Vignesh is willing to help here, I'd say yes to that.

I'm interested in assisting Ibrar Ahmed.

Regards,
Vignesh

Re: Commit fest manager

From
David Rowley
Date:
On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 15:04, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in assisting Ibrar Ahmed.

It might be worth talking to Ibrar to see where you can lend a hand. I
think in terms of the number of patches, this might be our biggest
commitfest yet.

2020-07 246
2020-09 235
2020-11 244
2021-01 260
2020-03 295
2020-07 342

It's possible Ibrar would welcome you helping to take care of some of
the duties.  I've never been brave enough to take on the CF manager
role yet, but from what I can see, to do a good job takes a huge
amount of effort.

David

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 1:47 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 15:04, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in assisting Ibrar Ahmed.

It might be worth talking to Ibrar to see where you can lend a hand. I
think in terms of the number of patches, this might be our biggest
commitfest yet.

2020-07 246
2020-09 235
2020-11 244
2021-01 260
2020-03 295
2020-07 342

It's possible Ibrar would welcome you helping to take care of some of
the duties.  I've never been brave enough to take on the CF manager
role yet, but from what I can see, to do a good job takes a huge
amount of effort.

David

I am willing to take the responsibility, help from vegnsh is welcome

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Commit fest manager

From
vignesh C
Date:
On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 6:05 PM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 1:47 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 15:04, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm interested in assisting Ibrar Ahmed.
>>
>> It might be worth talking to Ibrar to see where you can lend a hand. I
>> think in terms of the number of patches, this might be our biggest
>> commitfest yet.
>>
>> 2020-07 246
>> 2020-09 235
>> 2020-11 244
>> 2021-01 260
>> 2020-03 295
>> 2020-07 342
>>
>> It's possible Ibrar would welcome you helping to take care of some of
>> the duties.  I've never been brave enough to take on the CF manager
>> role yet, but from what I can see, to do a good job takes a huge
>> amount of effort.
>>
>> David
>

> I am willing to take the responsibility, help from vegnsh is welcome

Thanks, Can someone provide me permissions as this will be my first
time. My username is vignesh.postgres.

Regards,
Vignesh

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

i need permission my id is ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

>> > I'm interested in assisting Ibrar Ahmed.
>>
>> It might be worth talking to Ibrar to see where you can lend a hand. I
>> think in terms of the number of patches, this might be our biggest
>> commitfest yet.
>>
>> 2020-07 246
>> 2020-09 235
>> 2020-11 244
>> 2021-01 260
>> 2020-03 295
>> 2020-07 342
>>
>> It's possible Ibrar would welcome you helping to take care of some of
>> the duties.  I've never been brave enough to take on the CF manager
>> role yet, but from what I can see, to do a good job takes a huge
>> amount of effort.
>>
>> David
>

> I am willing to take the responsibility, help from vegnsh is welcome

Thanks, Can someone provide me permissions as this will be my first
time. My username is vignesh.postgres.

Regards,
Vignesh
i need permission my id is ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Any update and decision on this? so I can start working on this.

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 03:38:23PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> Any update and decision on this? so I can start working on this.

Working on the CF does not strongly require the admin permissions.  I
have already switched the current CF as in progress, so most of the
admin job is done for this month :)

Another piece of interest are the reviewer/author stat reports, but
poking at patching does not need this information in most cases.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: Commit fest manager

From
Ibrar Ahmed

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 3:58 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 03:38:23PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> Any update and decision on this? so I can start working on this.

Working on the CF does not strongly require the admin permissions.  I
have already switched the current CF as in progress, so most of the
admin job is done for this month :)

Another piece of interest are the reviewer/author stat reports, but
poking at patching does not need this information in most cases.
--
Michael

Great, thanks Michael, I will start doing my work :)

--
Ibrar Ahmed