Azure Postgres PAAS

From
Ron Watkins
Date:
We are running Postgres on Azure PAAS environment, and need to find a way to load data. Currently, on our older IAAS solution we have a local filesystem on the database node, however with the PAAS solution there is no option for local filesystem.
Any suggestions?

--
Ron Watkins, AI7AK
602.743.5272

Re: Azure Postgres PAAS

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
On Mon, 2021-06-14 at 11:43 -0700, Ron Watkins wrote:
> We are running Postgres on Azure PAAS environment, and need to find a way to load data.
>  Currently, on our older IAAS solution we have a local filesystem on the database node,
>  however with the PAAS solution there is no option for local filesystem.
> Any suggestions?

Either move away from Azure, or use COPY ... FROM STDIN.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Azure Postgres PAAS

From
Adam Brusselback
Date:
One option is to use a Cloud Shell terminal to install psql, and connect to your PAAS environment and use \copy, etc to load data as necessary. Plenty of options. You will just be doing it over the network when you are using a PAAS tool.