Mention of PG 14 in docs

Date:
In patch "Handle equality operator in contrib/pg_trgm" (935f66665), I
see this text:

-->    <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> 14, these indexes also support
    equality operator (simple comparison operators are not supported).
    Note that those indexes may not be as efficient as regular B-tree indexes
    for equality operator.

As far as I know, we don't usually mention what version _added_ a
feature like this.  I suggest the PG 14 mention be removed.

Re: Mention of PG 14 in docs

Date:
On Mon, May  3, 2021 at 07:49:14PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> In patch "Handle equality operator in contrib/pg_trgm" (935f66665), I
> see this text:

> -->    <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> 14, these indexes also support
>     equality operator (simple comparison operators are not supported).
>     Note that those indexes may not be as efficient as regular B-tree indexes
>     for equality operator.
>
> As far as I know, we don't usually mention what version _added_ a
> feature like this.  I suggest the PG 14 mention be removed.

Also, what does "simple comparison operators are not supported" mean?

Re: Mention of PG 14 in docs

Date:
On Mon, May  3, 2021 at 08:10:24PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, May  3, 2021 at 07:49:14PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > In patch "Handle equality operator in contrib/pg_trgm" (935f66665), I
> > see this text:

> > -->    <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> 14, these indexes also support
> >     equality operator (simple comparison operators are not supported).
> >     Note that those indexes may not be as efficient as regular B-tree indexes
> >     for equality operator.
> >
> > As far as I know, we don't usually mention what version _added_ a
> > feature like this.  I suggest the PG 14 mention be removed.
>
> Also, what does "simple comparison operators are not supported" mean?

Please ignore this second question since is has been fixed by: