OLEDB for PostgreSQL

Hello,

We want to start migration to POSTGRESQL13 from  MSSQL SERVER  but we couldnt find any solution for oledb drivers. Please help us to find a solution or any workaround if possible.

Thanks.

Mustafa

Re: OLEDB for PostgreSQL

From
Google FezaCakir
Date:
Please look at this:

We want to start migration to POSTGRESQL13 from  MSSQL SERVER  but we couldnt find any solution for oledb drivers. Please help us to find a solution or any workaround if possible.

Thanks.

Mustafa

Re: OLEDB for PostgreSQL

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
mustafa.pekgoz@forenda.com.tr schrieb am 16.04.2021 um 12:32:
> We want to start migration to POSTGRESQL13 from  MSSQL SERVER  but we
> couldnt find any solution for oledb drivers. Please help us to find a
> solution or any workaround if possible.

I don't think there is a free OleDB provider, but there seems to be at least one commercial: https://www.pgoledb.com/

I don't really know the whole OleDB/.Net/ODBC world (it seems, Microsoft changes its strategy around that every other
year)- but there is a free .Net provider: https://www.npgsql.org/ not sure if that is of any help

And obviously there is an ODBC driver.

Re: OLEDB for PostgreSQL

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 10:25 AM Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net> wrote:
mustafa.pekgoz@forenda.com.tr schrieb am 16.04.2021 um 12:32:
> We want to start migration to POSTGRESQL13 from  MSSQL SERVER  but we
> couldnt find any solution for oledb drivers. Please help us to find a
> solution or any workaround if possible.

I don't think there is a free OleDB provider, but there seems to be at least one commercial: https://www.pgoledb.com/

I don't really know the whole OleDB/.Net/ODBC world (it seems, Microsoft changes its strategy around that every other year) - but there is a free .Net provider: https://www.npgsql.org/ not sure if that is of any help

And obviously there is an ODBC driver.

Back in the day, this was possible via the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider For ODBC drivers" and using the Postgres ODBC driver. Is the generic Microsoft-provided OLE DB provider for ODBC not still around?

--
Jonah H. Harris

Re: OLEDB for PostgreSQL

From
Kenneth Marshall
Date:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 05:42:16PM -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> Back in the day, this was possible via the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider For
> ODBC drivers" and using the Postgres ODBC driver. Is the generic
> Microsoft-provided OLE DB provider for ODBC not still around?
>
> --
> Jonah H. Harris

Looks like it still is:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ado/guide/appendixes/microsoft-ole-db-provider-for-odbc?view=sql-server-ver15