pg_restore.exe file not found

From
Amedeo Lietti
Date:
Hello

After downloading the zip file (  Install PostgreSQL (postgresqltutorial.com)  ) I am trying to load the sample data base.

I created a database called dvdrental but when I click on restore I receive the error message below.
Is this .exe file missing in the zip file or am I doing something wrong?

image.png

Kind regards

Amedeo Lietti

+41 786 888 214
Attachment

Re: pg_restore.exe file not found

From
Aditya Toshniwal
Date:
Hi Amedeo,

Go to File -> Preferences -> Paths -> Binary paths and the PostgreSQL Binary Path to you PG installation bin path, which I suppose should be C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\13\\bin.

After downloading the zip file (  Install PostgreSQL (postgresqltutorial.com)  ) I am trying to load the sample data base.

I created a database called dvdrental but when I click on restore I receive the error message below.
Is this .exe file missing in the zip file or am I doing something wrong?

image.png

Kind regards

Amedeo Lietti

+41 786 888 214

Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin hacker | Sr. Software Engineer | edbpostgres.com

Re: pg_restore.exe file not found

From
mczakk
Date:
As of 14/06/21 this solve does not work!
i tried it and got the following message:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\pgAdmin 4\bin\"C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\13\bin\"\psql.exe' file not found. Please correct the
Binary Path in the Preferences dialog

before i changed the path in the binary paths dialog window, it said
something like $\Dir\..\ i dont remember exactly.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: pg_restore.exe file not found

From
Aditya Toshniwal
Date:
Hi Mczakk,

Please wait for v5.4 which is scheduled to be released on the 17th. There are changes related to binary paths.
You can report back if you face issues on 5.4.