[GSoC] Question about Add functionality to pg_top and supporting tools

From
Trafalgar Ricardo Lu
Date:
Hi,

I am interested in "Add monitoring of pg_stat_statements to pg_systat". I have read some code of pg_systat and enabled the pg_stat_statements function.

I noticed that pg_state_statements has many columns so that can't show in a single view. Should I divided these columns into diffirent view or chose some of them to show?

Best regards,

Lu
Hi Lu,

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 03:36:25PM +0800, Trafalgar Ricardo Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in "Add monitoring of pg_stat_statements to pg_systat". I
> have read some code of pg_systat and enabled the pg_stat_statements
> function.

Thanks for your interest!

> I noticed that pg_state_statements has many columns so that can't show in a
> single view. Should I divided these columns into diffirent view or chose
> some of them to show?

Dividing the columns up into different views is ok.  Some of the views
are like that now.  For example, the pg_stat_database data is split up
between dbblk.c, dbtup.c, and dbxact.c.

Regards,
Mark