snowball update

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
There is another snowball release out, and I have prepared a patch to
integrate it.  It's very big and mostly boring, so I'm not attaching it
here, but you can see it at

https://github.com/petere/postgresql/commit/d0aa6c2148bcef10942959035ce14f1810873593.patch

Major changes are new stemmers for Armenian, Serbian, and Yiddish.

Re: snowball update

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 1:14 PM Peter Eisentraut

> There is another snowball release out, and I have prepared a patch to
> integrate it.  It's very big and mostly boring, so I'm not attaching it
> here, but you can see it at
>
> https://github.com/petere/postgresql/commit/d0aa6c2148bcef10942959035ce14f1810873593.patch
>
> Major changes are new stemmers for Armenian, Serbian, and Yiddish.

Good time to add new languages.

We don't have (and really it's impossible) regression test for stemmers, so
maybe we should warn users about possible inconsistencies of old
tsvectors and new stemmers ?

The Russian Postgres Company

Re: snowball update

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 2021-02-12 22:00, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> We don't have (and really it's impossible) regression test for stemmers, so
> maybe we should warn users about possible inconsistencies of old
> tsvectors and new stemmers ?

Yeah, it's analogous to collation and Unicode updates.  We could invent
a versioning mechanism; we have some of the infrastructure for that now.
  But until we do that, perhaps some more elaborate guidance in the
major version release notes would be appropriate.