Postgres 9.4 Needed

From
Taranum Fatima
Date:
Hi Team,

I have to install Postgres 9.4 which is compatible with Jira 7.2.2 .

We have to migrate the data from older version to New  but before we need to restore the Data . Hence, Postgres 9.4 is needed.

I do not find the 9.4 repo or postgresql94-server anywhere online as it is decommissioned

Do you have any place from where I can download this 9.4 repository  and 94server?

Thanks,
Taranum

Re: Postgres 9.4 Needed

From
Paul Förster
Date:
Hi Taranum,

> On 09. Feb, 2021, at 01:59, Taranum Fatima <taranum@scleraworx.io> wrote:
>
> Do you have any place from where I can download this 9.4 repository  and 94server?

old versions of PostgreSQL can still be downloaded from:

https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Postgres 9.4 Needed

From
Taranum Fatima
Date:
Hi Paul

Thank you for the reply

I am new to postgres, can you please guide me from which folder I can get the downloadable and repository for 9.4?

> Do you have any place from where I can download this 9.4 repository  and 94server?

old versions of PostgreSQL can still be downloaded from:

https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Postgres 9.4 Needed

From
Paul Förster
Date:
Hi Taranum,

> On 09. Feb, 2021, at 10:21, Taranum Fatima <taranum@scleraworx.io> wrote:
>
> I am new to postgres, can you please guide me from which folder I can get the downloadable and repository for 9.4?

depends on what platform you're on. Windows? Linux? Solaris?...

Seems like all the directories in the binary tree only contain Solaris files. So you will probably have to go to the
sourcedirectory, download the source and build it yourself for your platform:

https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v9.4.26/

9.4.26 ist the last 9.4 release.

> Get Outlook for Android

Also, please don't top-post. This is a very annoying thing especially from the Outlook generation.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Postgres 9.4 Needed

From
Paul Förster
Date:
Hi Taranum,

> On 09. Feb, 2021, at 11:09, Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am new to postgres, can you please guide me from which folder I can get the downloadable and repository for 9.4?

you may also try this if you need a binary release:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

Yes, it even has Windows, 32 and 64 bit. :-P

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Postgres 9.4 Needed

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Taranum Fatima schrieb am 09.02.2021 um 01:59:
> I have to install Postgres 9.4 which is compatible with Jira 7.2.2 .
>
> We have to migrate the data from older version to New  but before we need to restore the Data . Hence, Postgres 9.4
isneeded.

> I do not find the 9.4 repo or postgresql94-server anywhere online as it is decommissioned
>
> Do you have any place from where I can download this 9.4 repository  and 94server?

If you are on CentOS/RedHat, see here:

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/109-RPM-repository-for-unsupported-PostgreSQL-releases-distros.html

EnterpriseDB also has some old versions: https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries