Removing second slave server

From
Yambu
Date:
Hello

I want to reinstall my second slave server and I have to stop replication.

May i know if it's enough to just run the command below on the second slave

touch /tmp/postgresql.trigger.5432

Trigger file in recovery.conf is

trigger_file = '/tmp/postgresql.trigger.5432'

Do i need to do anything on the master server so that wal files do not build up since the second slave is no longer active?

Im using PG v10,streaming replication

regards

Re: Removing second slave server

From
Jerry Sievers
Date:
Yambu <hyambu@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> I want to reinstall my second slave server and I have to stop
> replication.
>
> May i know if it's enough to just run the command below on the second
> slave
>
> touch /tmp/postgresql.trigger.5432
You don't even have to do that if you're going to decom and put the
server up again.

> Trigger file in recovery.conf is
>
> trigger_file = '/tmp/postgresql.trigger.5432'
>
> Do i need to do anything on the master server so that wal files do
> not build up since the second slave is no longer active?

Perhaps, if you are using a replication slot which is typical on $recent
releases such as Pg10.

After the standby is down, drop the related replication slot on your
primary else you'll retain WAL files unnecessarily and could fill the
disk.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers