profiling

From
Павел Еремин
Date:
Hello. I am interested in the question of profiling. As far as I
understand, this issue has not been resolved in postgres. And I see
the urgency of this problem. Are there any postgres development plans
for this functionality?

regards, Eremin Pavel.

Re: profiling

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 14/01/2021 12:14, Павел Еремин wrote:
> Hello. I am interested in the question of profiling. As far as I
> understand, this issue has not been resolved in postgres. And I see
> the urgency of this problem. Are there any postgres development plans
> for this functionality?

What exactly do you mean by profiling? You can profile internal C
functions with 'perf' or 'gprof' or similar. For profiling applications
using PostgreSQL, pg_stat_statement() is very helpful. And there is a
plugin for profiling PL/pgSQL functions, IIRC pgAdmin has a GUI for that.

- Heikki