BUG #16779: psql -e not showing queries

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      16779
Logged by:          Colin 't Hart
Email address:      colinthart@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Have installed the latest postgresl-client-13 from the PG APT repository.

colin@echidna:~$ dpkg -l | grep postgresql-client
ii  postgresql-client-13                              13.1-1.pgdg20.04+1
                              amd64        front-end programs for PostgreSQL
13
ii  postgresql-client-common                          223.pgdg20.04+1
                              all          manager for multiple PostgreSQL
client versions

psql -e isn't showing queries for \d commands.

Is this a known issue or regression?

Re: BUG #16779: psql -e not showing queries

From
Sergei Kornilov
Date:
Hello

> psql -e isn't showing queries for \d commands.

Did you mean psql -E ? These are different parameters.

regards, Sergei

Re: BUG #16779: psql -e not showing queries

From
"Colin 't Hart"
Date:
Yes, sorry. I realised almost immediately after reporting this but couldn't find a way to retract it.

Thanks,

Colin

Hello