One storage for all pgAdmin users

From
Сергей Краснов

Hi!

Is there any way to make one storage accessible to a multiple users at one time?

Right now when you set STORAGE_DIR variable in config_local.py, pgAdmin will create a separate directory for every single user in it (e.g. if STORAGE_DIR=/somedir, then user’s storage root will be at /somedir/someuser/). The idea is to allow users access some common directory, or to set one directory as several user’s storage root.

“About pgAdmin 4” says I’m using:

Version 4.27

Python Version 3.8.5 (default, Jul 28 2020, 12:59:40) [GCC 9.3.0]

Flask Version 1.0.2

Application Mode Server

Сергей Краснов

Системный администратор Linux

тел.: 8 800 555-91-15

https://scloud.ru/

Re: One storage for all pgAdmin users

From
Dave Page
Date:

pgAdmin doesn't have any specific support for this at the moment (please feel free to log a feature request at https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new), however you should be able to fake it by creating a symlink in each user's storage directory that points to a common location.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

RE: One storage for all pgAdmin users

From
Сергей Краснов

Thanks for your help, Dave! I’ll try the symlink workaround

[...]

Michael Eschweiler
Date:
Hi,

this:

> Is there any way to make one storage accessible to a multiple users at
> one time?

should work right away with postgresql. Normally as admin you would
create a server with the database. Then create users and grant access to
this users. On linux you can do this in a terminal using psql.
Afterwards, all the users to whom you granted the apropriate rights
should be able to connect to the same database using the different
interfaces like pspl, pgadmin, libreoffice or others like knoda.