how to replicate test results in cf-bot on travis

From
Dave Cramer

When I run

make -j4 all contrib && make check-world
locally

I see 2 errors.

When cf-bot runs this it sees
35 out of 93 failed.

How can I see the same errors?

Dave Cramer

Re: how to replicate test results in cf-bot on travis

From
Thomas Munro
Date:
On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> For my patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/30/2522/
>
> When I run
>
> make -j4 all contrib && make check-world
> locally
>
> I see 2 errors.
>
> When cf-bot runs this it sees
> 35 out of 93 failed.
>
> How can I see the same errors?

Hi Dave,
I applied your patch here and see the same 35 errors from
src/test/isolation, make check as cfbot reports.  Is it possible that
you forgot to add the changes under that directory when posting the
patch to the list?

On Sun., Nov. 1, 2020, 1:41 p.m. Thomas Munro, <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> For my patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/30/2522/
>
> When I run
>
> make -j4 all contrib && make check-world
> locally
>
> I see 2 errors.
>
> When cf-bot runs this it sees
> 35 out of 93 failed.
>
> How can I see the same errors?

Hi Dave,
I applied your patch here and see the same 35 errors from
src/test/isolation, make check as cfbot reports.  Is it possible that
you forgot to add the changes under that directory when posting the
patch to the list?

I rebased my branch and tried it. I'll  try again

Thx

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 13:46, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun., Nov. 1, 2020, 1:41 p.m. Thomas Munro, <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> For my patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/30/2522/
>
> When I run
>
> make -j4 all contrib && make check-world
> locally
>
> I see 2 errors.
>
> When cf-bot runs this it sees
> 35 out of 93 failed.
>
> How can I see the same errors?

Hi Dave,
I applied your patch here and see the same 35 errors from
src/test/isolation, make check as cfbot reports.  Is it possible that
you forgot to add the changes under that directory when posting the
patch to the list?

I rebased my branch and tried it. I'll  try again

Thx

OK, checked and I definitely have the changes. I don't think the isolation test is running. Is there some configuration that enables it?

Dave

Re: how to replicate test results in cf-bot on travis

Date:
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> OK, checked and I definitely have the changes. I don't think the isolation
> test is running. Is there some configuration that enables it?

No, top-level "check-world" should invoke that ... but if you're unsure,
you could cd to src/test/isolation and run check or installcheck there.

            regards, tom lane

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 18:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> OK, checked and I definitely have the changes. I don't think the isolation
> test is running. Is there some configuration that enables it?

No, top-level "check-world" should invoke that ... but if you're unsure,
you could cd to src/test/isolation and run check or installcheck there.

For some reason it is not running on my machine but the above works. Thanks

 Dave Cramer

Re: how to replicate test results in cf-bot on travis

From
Andres Freund
Date:
Hi,

On 2020-11-02 11:18:03 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 18:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> > > OK, checked and I definitely have the changes. I don't think the
> > isolation
> > > test is running. Is there some configuration that enables it?
> >
> > No, top-level "check-world" should invoke that ... but if you're unsure,
> > you could cd to src/test/isolation and run check or installcheck there.
> >

> For some reason it is not running on my machine but the above works. Thanks

If there are failures - you mentioned that there are some - check-world
will not even start the isolation tests. You could use -k, to contuniue
after failures, but that makes it harder to see the erors.

With -j xx it'll be a bit scheduling dependant whether you'd e.g. see
the isolation test results if e.g. the "main" tests fail.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: how to replicate test results in cf-bot on travis

From
Dave Cramer

Hi,

On 2020-11-02 11:18:03 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 18:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> > > OK, checked and I definitely have the changes. I don't think the
> > isolation
> > > test is running. Is there some configuration that enables it?
> >
> > No, top-level "check-world" should invoke that ... but if you're unsure,
> > you could cd to src/test/isolation and run check or installcheck there.
> >

> For some reason it is not running on my machine but the above works. Thanks

If there are failures - you mentioned that there are some - check-world
will not even start the isolation tests. You could use -k, to contuniue
after failures, but that makes it harder to see the erors.

With -j xx it'll be a bit scheduling dependant whether you'd e.g. see
the isolation test results if e.g. the "main" tests fail.

Ah, that makes sense now.

Thanks,

Dave Cramer