psql asks for password despite configuring trust authentication

From
Atul Kumar
Date:
hi,

My problem is, that I am always asked for password when trying to
interact with the database or access it, although the authentication
is set to trust for all users and databases.

Please help.

Regards,
Atul

Re: psql asks for password despite configuring trust authentication

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 10/29/20 10:59 AM, Atul Kumar wrote:
> hi,
>
> My problem is, that I am always asked for password when trying to
> interact with the database or access it, although the authentication
> is set to trust for all users and databases.

What is the connection command you are using?

Did you reload the server after making changes to pg_hba.conf?

Are you sure you are pointing at the right database?

What are the contents of your pg_hba.conf file?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: psql asks for password despite configuring trust authentication

From
Ganesh Korde
Date:
Please make sure you are not using -w option while connecting through psql.